Our goal is to accurately diagnose the cause of pain and create a plan to treat that pain whether it is from an auto injury, work-related injury, spinal issue, muscle spasm, cancer, arthritis, diabetic neuropathy, shingles, or failed surgery.
About Your Appointment
We are here to answer your questions about your health, medical conditions and treatments.
In order to simplify and expedite your initial visit with us, please bring the following to your first visit:
- Completed Patient Forms Packet
- Insurance card, secondary Insurance card (if applicable)
- Photo ID (driver's license, school photo ID, passport)
- A list of all prescribed medications you are currently taking
- Workers compensation automobile personal injury insurance claim information if applicable, including:
- Insurance company address
- Claim number
- Date of accident
- Adjuster/case manager's name and phone number
- Your attorney's name, address and phone number MRI, CT scan or X-Ray films and reports
- List of all medications that you are currently taking
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
We look forward to your visit and hope we can be of continuing service. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
We are offering Telehealth visits as a way of providing care to our patients. Many health plans are covering Telehealth visits now and often waiving copays and deductibles due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Save time in the office and complete forms before your appointment.
Pre-procedure and post-procedure instructions for patients.
Our practice participates with many insurance plans.
View the appointment policy, prescription refill policy, forms policy, and billing/financial policy of Total Pain & Spine Care of Florida.
See what patients are saying about Total Pain & Spine Care of Florida.